Terms of participation
I. Responsible for the protection of your personal data.
“Ocean Blue” Cancún S.A. de C.V. hereinafter referred as “Ocean Blue”, with address in Boulevard Kukulkan, km 7 MZ 42 LT 13, Local 25-T.F., Benito Juárez, P.C., 77500, Cancun Quintana Roo México, is responsible for the collection and use of the personal data required from the customers, in terms of the rules established by article 3, section XIV of the Mexican Federal Law for Data Protection of Private Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares -LFPDPPP), as well in the provisions of the Articles 1, 3 and 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (RGPD).
II. Data collected and use of the information requested from our customers.
Personal data collected through physical formats, by telephone or by electronic means (online) through our websites, will be used to start, manage and maintain the services provided to the clients who participate in our programs and promotions, under the terms outlined in this section:
a) General Data.
The general data collected, such as name, phone number, email, date of birth, job, home city, national identity document or passport will be used for the following essential purposes:
- i. Provide and administrate the services contracted by our customers;
- ii. Register their information in our systems and databases;
- iii. For the purchase of travel certificates;
- iv. For the acquisition of vacation packages subsidized by Sunset World Resorts Vacational Club;
- v. To assign numbers of travel certificates and access codes to those customers that join and use the programs and services operated in our different websites listed in section VIII of this privacy notice;
- vi. To comply with the different laws that regulate our services and activities;
- vii. To create our guests and customers ‘electronic and paper files;
- viii. To deal with complaints and inquiries, and to provide our customers with information related to travel reservations or cancellations received by our Call Center;
- ix. To confirm, verify, correct, and update their personal data;
- x. To administrate the reservations requested by our customers;
- xi. To charge for our services and for the collection efforts with respect to receivables that are not paid when due;
- xii. To charge for services and programs paid electronically with a credit card;
- xiii. To charge any additional expenses or fees for extra services contracted, and;
- xiv. To properly identify our clients as vacational members club or guests.
Additionally, this information can be used for the following non-essential purposes:
- a) To send our customers offers, discounts, special fees and other benefits;
- b) For statistical purposes; and,
- c) For promotional and marketing purposes.
b) Financial and Patrimonial Assets Data.
The financial and patrimonial data collected from our guests and customers such as: credit card number, bank account, monthly income, and additional incomes, will be used to analyze their financial profile and grant them access to promotions and programs based on their economic characteristics, also Mexican Federal Law to Prevent Money Laundering (Lay Federal para la Prevención e Identificación de Operacions con Recursos de Procedencia Ilícita LFPIORPI), may require, the collection of additional financial data and information related to the patrimonial assets of the clients. For these purposes and in compliance with the Mexican Privacy Law, we will request their express consent in written at the time of the data collection, notifying them about the legal scope of their consent.
III. Data transfer.
The personal data collected by “Ocean Blue” can be transferred to companies that help us to provide some of the goods and services requested by our customers. These transfers are necessary to comply with the provision of the services that are contracted, therefore it will not be necessary to have their express consent for these transfers in accordance with Article 37, Section VII of the LFPDPPP, as well as the provision contained in Article 49 of the GDPR.
Except for the cases indicated above, and unless the conditions set by articles 37 of the LFPDPPP and 49 of the GDPR are updated, the data provided by our visitors, partners, guests, vacational members club and referred visitors will not be transferred under any circumstances.
“Ocean Blue” will be able to provide its services through the following trademarks:
- Yucatán Holidays
- One Step to the Best Vacations Ever
- Regreso al Paraíso
- Cancun Escapes
- An Unforgettable Vacation Gift
- Return to Paradise
- Cancun Cards
V. Use of images.
To document and communicate information about the activities and events held throughout the year such as: award ceremonies and rewards, as well as news, “Ocean Blue” can use, print, reproduce and publish the images of our guests, vacation members club beneficiaries and people referred in print or electronic media, newsletters, publications, photographic memories, in all its forms and expressions, performances, editions, phonograms, video and emissions for the purposes indicated. These images will not be commercially exploited by “Ocean Blue”.
The information that we collect from our guests, vacation members club, and customers may be used for advertising, marketing and/or market research, according to the relationship existing between them and “Ocean Blue”. When “Ocean Blue” pretends to use the images for these purposes, the company will request your express authorization in written before its use.
VI. Restrictions on the use or disclosure of personal data.
In Accordance to the articles 16 section III of the LFPDPPP and article 18 of the GDPR, those who wish to limit the use and disclosure of their personal data, or who no longer wish to receive communications regarding the non-essential purposes detailed in this privacy notice, may at any time, send an email to the address email@example.com requesting stop being contacted for these purposes.
VII. Withdrawal of consent and rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition.
As stated in the LFPDPPP as of January 6, 2012, as well as in Articles 15, 16, 17, 18 of the GDPR, the holders of personal data collected by “Ocean Blue” may request: access, correction, cancellation (should this be legally appropriate) and opposition to the use of their personal data, as well as to withdraw their consent. To exercise these rights, they must follow this procedure:
- 1) They must send an application by email to our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the right they want to exercise: access, correction, cancellation and/or opposition, which must indicate their full name, the legal or commercial relationship with ”Ocean Blue”, the type of right they wish to exercise, accurately identifying the data for which they request access, correction, cancellation or opposition, or those for which they decide to withdraw their consent, attaching any of the official identification documents (valid passport or current immigration document), in order to prove their identity.
- 2) In the case of personal data whose owners are underage or people that cannot legally give consent themselves, this request must be made by the person who legally represents their rights, either through the accreditation of parental rights; or through his/her legally appointed guardian or tutor.
- 3) Data owners must send their application for the exercise of the aforementioned rights and may attach all the documents that are relevant to their request. For correction applications, it will be necessary to precisely specify the changes requested, including the documentation that supports their claim.
- 4) Applications for the exercise of these rights must be submitted during working hours and on business days in accordance with the Mexican Federal Law of Administrative Procedure.
- 5) The request must be sent to the email address mentioned in numeral 1) and an acknowledgment of receipt will be sent with the corresponding date of receipt. Should the application not fulfill the legal requirements, we will contact the holder within five (5) business days to ask to amend the application for up to ten (10) business days. Otherwise, the application will be considered as not submitted.
- 6) If the request has been sent on Friday or on a non-business day, it may be received on the following business day after it was sent.
- 7) The request will be answered via email within a period of twenty (20) business days from the date of receipt. This period may be extended for twenty (20) additional business days when there are adequate reasons, and this situation will be notified to the holder under the terms of the provisions of Article 97 of the LFPDPPP Regulations.
- 8) If the request is made in accordance with the LFPDPPP and other current regulations, access will be granted, the data will be corrected or canceled, the right of opposition will be effective, or the consent will be revoked, within fifteen (15) business days following the date on which the request was answered. This period may be extended for fifteen (15) additional days for adequate reasons, and this situation will be notified to the holder under the terms of the provisions of Article 97 of the LFPDPPP Regulations.
- 9) In all cases where the request is appropriate, in accordance with the terms of Articles 32, 33, 34 and 35 of the LFPDPPP, the data will be sent free of charge through the holder’s email address for said purpose. In case the information should be required to be sent through another form of delivery, payment must be made for the cost of shipping and/or the cost of reproduction of copies or other formats that may be incurred.
VIII. Online data management.
This section describes the use of the personal data in the following websites:
The information we collect is used to improve our website’s user experience, and the whole process takes place without any knowledge of your name or any other information that will allow us to identify you. While visiting any of the websites listed ins this section, unless users decide to identify with us, their navigation is anonymous.
“Ocean Blue” does not require that customers provide personal data to use any of the websites listed in this section unless it is necessary. Some applications may require that customers disclose any personal information, also our contact forms may require their email address to register and answer comments, requests, questions, or suggestions, and to contact them if necessary. On these forms, we will not require name, financial or property data, and/or sensitive data. Any disclosure of this information is responsibility of the users. Regardless of the above, if they voluntarily provide any of this information, “Ocean Blue” assures it will be used with strict confidentiality.
A cookie is information that an internet portal sends to user’s computer and is stored on its hard drive. The next time users visit our website, we may use the information stored in the cookie to facilitate the use of our websites. A cookie does not allow us to know user’s personal identity unless they explicitly choose to provide it. Most cookies expire after a period or can be deleted at any time. Also, users can configure your browser to notify them when them receive a cookie so you can accept or reject it.
The data and information posted by the users of our social media is published on their own account and is subject to the terms and conditions established by the social media provider. “Ocean Blue” will use this information to answer the requests and questions asked by the users and to contact them in case they request it.
The contact data of the users who request information about travel packages, tours and other services will be shared with our Customer Service Center to give them a personalized attention by email or phone. The information provided by those users who decide to participate in our contests will be used to contact them in case they win, and their image may be published.
In Accordance with article 20 of the GDPR, data owners have the right to transfer their personal information to another supplier or controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided if the legal processing of their data has been carried out by automated means. “Ocean Blue” ensures the strictest confidentiality and security to carry out the data transfer.
IX. Complaints regarding the use of your personal data.
Data owners who believe that their data protection rights have been violated by any conduct, act, or omission regarding the attention of their requests or in the use of their personal data, can submit a complaint with the National Institute for Access to Information and Data Protection (INAI). For more information visit www.inai.org.mx
X. More Information – Privacy Office.
In case of questions regarding the content, interpretation, or scope of this Privacy Notice, data owners may contact us through our Privacy Officer at the following email address: email@example.com
This Privacy Notice is effective from January 1st of 2012 and may be modified on a discretionary basis by “Ocean Blue”, under the terms of the LFPDPPP and its regulations, any amendment will be communicated by posting the new Privacy Notice in any of our websites listed in the VII section of this Privacy Note.
Last Updated: January 15, 2021